Discover the ultimate collection of 3 mouthwatering autumn slow-cooker meals that my family is loving this year. From savory stews to sweet and spiced desserts, these recipes will warm your heart and simplify your cooking routine. Embrace the flavors of fall with ease!
As the leaves begin to turn brilliant shades of red, orange, and gold, and a crisp chill fills the air, there’s no denying that autumn has arrived. This season brings with it a bounty of hearty and comforting dishes that warm both body and soul. And what better way to embrace the flavors of fall than with a trusty slow cooker? In this blog post, we will explore five delectable autumn slow-cooker meals that will not only simplify your cooking routine but also fill your home with the irresistible aromas of autumn. From savory stews to sweet and spiced desserts, these recipes are sure to become your go-to favorites during this cozy time of year. So, grab your slow cooker, gather your ingredients, and get ready to savor the essence of autumn, one mouthwatering meal at a time.
3 Autumn Slow-Cooker Meals
Autumn and slow-cooker meals are a match made in culinary heaven. As the days grow shorter and the weather turns cooler, there’s something wonderfully comforting about coming home to a warm, fragrant meal that has been simmering all day. Slow-cooker meals in the autumn are like a warm embrace, filling your home with the rich, savory scents of hearty stews, tender roasts, and aromatic spices. They offer a perfect balance of convenience and indulgence, allowing you to savor the season’s flavors without spending hours in the kitchen. So, as the leaves fall and the air crisps, let your slow cooker work its magic, and delight in the simple, yet utterly wonderful, pleasure of autumn cooking.
Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Say goodbye to dinner stress and hello to cozy, homemade goodness. Let the slow cooker do the work while you conquer your day. Creamy, hearty, and oh so delicious…this is comfort food made easy.
- In crockpot:
- 2 lbs of frozen chicken breasts
- 20 oz frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 yellow onion (diced)
- 5 red potatoes (diced)
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp poultry seasoning
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 32 oz chicken broth
Cook for 6 hours
Once crockpot is finished, shred chicken.
Then, in a small pan, create roux:
1/3 cup butter
2/3 cup flour
After roux has thickened the soup, add 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
MFF Slow Cooker Beef Stew
I have been a fan of Elyse Ellis and her Macro Friendly Food since she started sharing recipes years ago. You will never leave hungry, and will always be satisfied with every recipe she creates. Elyse said, “Y’all know I’m pretty picky when it comes to soups and stews. It’s gotta be hearty! I don’t want to feel like I’m having a beverage with a few floaties in it for a meal. 😆🤷🏻♀️ Luckily, this stew meets all my criteria for a good soup and is packed with protein!”
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 pound russet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 cups low-sodium beef broth
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
Spray a 6-quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
Place stew meat, carrots, celery, potatoes, onion and garlic in the bottom of the slow cooker.
Pour beef broth and Worcestershire sauce over the top.
Season with salt, thyme, rosemary and paprika; stir to combine.
Place bay leaves on top.
Cover with lid and cook for 8-10 hours on low (recommended) or 4-6 hours on high.
After cooking, discard bay leaves and reserve 1/2 cup of liquid from the slow cooker.
In a small bowl, whisk together flour and ½ cup stew broth. Stir in flour mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes until thickened.
1 serving (14.9 ounces): 309 calories (24.6 C/7 F/37 P)
Logged in My Fitness Pal as “MFF Slow Cooker Beef Stew”
If you’re ready to check out or sign up for her monthly recipes, click HERE.
Copycat Panera Autumn Squash Soup
Indulge in the delightful flavors of a homemade copycat Panera Autumn Squash Soup, from A Simple Plate, that captures the essence of fall in every spoonful. This velvety, golden-hued soup combines the sweetness of roasted butternut squash and creamy pumpkin with a hint of warm spices, including cinnamon and nutmeg, to create a comforting and heartwarming bowl of goodness. Topped with a drizzle of rich, savory caramel, and crispy croutons, this copycat recipe promises to transport your taste buds to the cozy ambiance of Panera, making it the perfect seasonal treat for chilly evenings.
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 small yellow onion chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1 medium-large butternut squash peeled and cubed
- 2-3 carrots peeled and chopped (or a little over 1 cup)
- 1/2 15 oz. can organic pumpkin puree
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne *optional
- pumpkin seeds for topping *optional
- Prepare vegetables: peel squash and cut into 1-2 inch cubes. Cut heads of carrots off and slice into 1/2-inch thick pieces. Peel onion and slice into pieces.
- Cook: Add all of the ingredients (except coconut milk) to slow cooker/crockpot – vegetable broth, onion, squash, carrots, pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, pinch of cayenne, and salt & pepper. Mix ingredients together. Set slow cooker time for 5 hours on LOW or 3 hours on HIGH.
- Puree soup: after soup has cooked, use a hand-immersion blender or high-powered blender to blend soup until creamy and smooth.
- Season to taste and serve: before serving soup, taste it and adjust with salt & back pepper or additional spice if desired. Stir in 1/2 cup coconut milk and then serve with pumpkin seeds, cracked black pepper, and a sprinkle of coconut sugar if desired.
As the leaves turn vibrant shades of red and gold and the air grows crisper, it’s time to embrace the magic of autumn with these tantalizing slow-cooker meals. From savory stews that warm your soul to sweet, spiced desserts that satisfy your cravings, the slow cooker becomes your trusty companion throughout the season. As we bid farewell to the scorching days of summer, we welcome the comfort and simplicity of autumn cooking. So, dust off that slow cooker, gather your ingredients, and let the delightful aromas fill your home as you savor the richness of this splendid season, one cozy and delicious meal at a time. Happy slow-cooking, and may your autumn be filled with warmth and culinary adventures!